+420 485 353 852|



Information for researcher from abroad

 As part of the EURAXESS network, assistance is provided at TUL for foreign researchers and their families in the areas of visa processing, accommodation, health care, legal advice, social and cultural events, etc. Assistance is provided by the TUL International Office.

A visa is required if you are not a citizen of the Czech Republic/EU/EEA.

A TUL employee is provided with health insurance after concluding an employment agreement.

Health care in the Czech Republic is at a very good level. TUL employees have the chance to register with general practitioners of the TUL occupational medicine service. The doctors also speak English.

The tax system in the Czech Republic is similar to other systems in the EU. Tax is deducted individually according to the situation of the employee in accordance with international agreements.

As part of the employment agreement, employees are entitled to paid leave – academic workers have eight weeks of leave, whereas researchers and other workers six weeks of leave. In the event of reduced working hours, the leave entitlement is reduced proportionally.

TUL provides Czech language courses at the Internal Language School.

You can find information about Czech culture here.

You can compare the cost of living in Liberec and your current place of residence.

More information can be found on the following websites:

General partners

Škoda AUTO
Česká Zbrojovka
FM Motol
UJV Group