HORIZON EUROPE – Hop On Facility
The Hop On Facility integrates one additional participant from a Widening country to an ongoing project under Pillar 2 while topping up a relevant task or work package and the cost incurred by the additional participant.
Two-deadline call - opening: 10 Jan 2023 - 1. deadline: 28 Sep 2023; 2. deadline: 26 Sep 2024
MSCA4Ukraine provide support to displaced researchers (researchers at PhD or postdoc level for 6-24 months) from Ukraine. This support will enable displaced researchers to continue their work at academic and non-academic organisations in EU Member States and Horizon Europe Associated Countries, while maintaining their connections to research and innovation communities in Ukraine. The scheme may also facilitate researchers’ reintegration in Ukraine if conditions for safe return are met, in order to prevent permanent brain drain, and contribute to strengthening the Ukrainian university and research sector and its collaboration and exchange with the international research community.
At least 120 MSCA projects will be funded. It is advisable to submit your application as soon as possible after the portal opens, as demand is likely to be high and funding is likely to be exhausted quickly.
Opening: 24 Oct 2022
Deadlines: 11 Nov 2022, 09 Dec 2022, 09 Jan 2023
HORIZON EUROPE – TEAMING for Excellence (up to 6 years projects)
The Teaming action is designed to support the creation of new centres of excellence or upgrading the existing ones in low R&I performing countries, building up partnerships between leading scientific institutions in Europe and the main beneficiary institutions in low R&I performing countries that display the willingness to engage together for this purpose. Expected EU contribution per project: 8 – 15 mil. EUR (to be funded 18 centres).
Opening: 10 Jan 2023
Deadlines: 1st stage: 12 Apr 2023, 2nd stage: 7 Mar 2024
HORIZON EUROPE – TWINNING (up to 3 years projects)
Supports networking activities between the R&I institutions of the Widening countries acting as co-ordinators and top-class leading counterparts at European Union level by linking it with at least two research institutions from two different Member States or Associated Countries.
Expected EU contribution per project: 0.80 – 1.5 mil. EUR (to be funded 80 projects)
B) Grean deal
Defined areas: Climate research, green technologies, renewable energy, sustainable mobility, biodiversity research, sustainable use of natural resources (land, water, air)
Expected EU contribution per project: 0.80 – 1.5 mil. EUR (to be funded – 20 projects)
Opening: 25 Apr 2023
Deadline: 28 Sep 2023
HORIZON EUROPE – Excellence hubs (up to 4 years projects)
Supports creation of networks of place-based R&I ecosystems in at least 2 Widening countries. R&I ecosystems comprises 4 different actors: 1. academic institutions, 2. business entities, 3. public authorities, 4. societal actors.
Expected EU contribution per project: 2 – 6 mill. EUR (to be funded 12 hubs)
Opening: 28 Sep 2023
Deadline: 07 Mar 2024
CROSS-BORDER COOPERATION PROGRAMMES
Cooperation Programme Czech Republic - Free State of Saxony 2021-2027
The Czech-Saxony Interreg Programme 2021-2027 supports the economic and social development of the common border area through Czech-Saxon cooperation projects.
More information here: https://www.sn-cz2020.eu/media/de_cs/pressemeldungen/22-07-29_Tiskov_zprva_CZ.pdf
An overview of the priority axes and measures can be found here: https://www.sn-cz2020.eu/media/de_cs/aktuelles/neue_foerderperiode/2022-03-21_Uebersicht_Inhalte_CZ_.pdf
Cross-border cooperation programme Czech Republic - Poland 2021-2027
On 4 October 2022, the EC approved the Czech-Poland Interreg Programme 2021-2027 (CCI 2021TC16RFCB024).
More information on the Programme can be found here: https://www.cz-pl.eu/obdobi
The programme for the next period is under preparation. New calls are expected in early 2023.
- Micro-project Fund under the Interreg V-A cross-border cooperation programme Czech Republic -Poland: Link to the timetable here: http://www.ern.cz/index.php?D=296
- Small Project Fund under the Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 between the Free State of Saxony and the Czech Republic: http://www.ern.cz/index.php?D=302
Horizon Europe - useful links
Horizon Europe - more information on calls
- Searching partners for HORIZON EUROPE consortia21.10.2022
- Horizon Europe - Financial rules for the programme7.6.2022
- Horizon Europe - How to become a project evaluator4.5.2022
- Horizon Europe - The most common shortcomings of Horizon Europe call submissions from the evaluators' perspective4.5.2022
- Horizon Europe - Opportunities in Horizon Europe Cluster 5 - Climate, Energy and Mobility13.4.2022
- Horizon Europe - Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) and European Research Council (ERC) grants13.4.2022
- Horizon Europe - European Research Council (ERC): Objectives, project types, criteria and evaluation proces13.4.2022
- Horizon Europe - Introduction to the programme and its basic structure13.4.2022
- Horizon Europe - Instruments supporting widening countries in R&D6.1.2022
- Horizon Europe - RIA and IA research projects and environmental themes13.4.2022