The department deals with developing, applying, and testing (nano)materials and methods to ensure sustainability and environmental quality.
Research is primarily focused on the following areas:
• Advanced water purification technologies
• Membrane bioreactors
• Development, testing, and application of new types of biomass carriers
• Effective remediation of contaminated groundwater using iron nano- and microparticles
• Application of nanomaterials in various areas of biotechnology
• Development and testing of filters based on nanofibers (water and air filtration)
• Project and contract research in cooperation with industrial and commercial entities
• Custom research and development
• Evaluation and intensification of existing water treatment processes
• Independent expert and consulting activity
The Department of Environmental Technology (DET) is focused on the development, application, and testing of new (nano) materials and methods in various environmental technologies in order to achieve their significant improvement.
The department deals with national and international projects, in the framework of which outputs are created, which are applicable precisely for technologies that allow to stabilize, improve and control the quality of the environment. In the form of contracts, DET can solve the individual requirements of industrial and commercial entities in various environmental areas. We have modern devices that allow us to test and analyze multiple components of the environment.
Our main goal is to improve the environment and its preservation for future generations, which is why we make our services and results available to professionals and the general public.
Institute for Nanomaterials, Advanced Technology and Innovation
Technical Univesity of Liberec
460 01 Liberec 1